The Florida LTAP Center, in partnership with the Florida Department of Transportation presents the Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety Best Practices Symposium webinar series.
The training is divided into a 4-part webinar series:
- Florida PBSP Overview and Design Practices
- Statewide Education Efforts
- Combat Pedestrian and Bicycle Crashes: Strategies and Countermeasures Part 1
- Combat Pedestrian and Bicycle Crashes: Strategies and Countermeasures Part 2
Learn the most effective and appropriate countermeasures and best practices for reducing pedestrian and bicyclist fatalities, injuries and crashes. Collaborate and exchange knowledge and experience with your peers and statewide professionals to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety.
To earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) or a Certificate of Completion for each recorded webinar, you must view the entire webinar. After viewing, please send an email to FloridaLTAP@cutr.usf.edu with your name and the name of the webinar you viewed. The Florida LTAP Center will follow-up within 1-2 weeks.
Click the tabs below to view the recorded webinars.
Part 1 of 4 – Florida PBSSP Overview and Design Practices
In this first session we will be looking at an Overview of the PBSSP, Complete Streets, ADA Compliance, and FDOT Design Manual Guidance.
- Overview of the Florida PBSSP – Trenda McPherson
- Complete Streets – DeWayne Carver, AICP
- ADA Compliance – George A. Borchik, P.E.
- FDOT Design Manual Guidance (Pedestrians) – Gevin J. McDaniel, P.E.
- FDOT Design Manual Guidance (Bicyclists) – Mary O’Brien, AICP, CPH
- Question and Answers from Part 1 of the Symposium
- Complete Streets
- ADA Compliance
- FDOT Design Manual and Other Resources
Part 2 of 4 – Statewide Education Efforts
In this second session we will be looking at Ped/Bike Communication, Outreach, and Education; Safe Routes to School Program and Practices; and High Visibility Enforcement.
- Ped/Bike Safety Communication, Outreach, & Education – Jason Jackman, MPA
- Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Program and Practices – Sarita Taylor
- High Visibility Enforcement Part 1 – Chief Brett Railey (ret.)
- High Visibility Enforcement Part 2 – Officer J.T. Frank
- Ped/Bike Safety Communication, Education, and Outreach
- Safe Routes to School
- High Visibility Enforcement
Part 3 of 4 – Combat Ped/Bike Crashes: Strategies and Countermeasures Part 1
In this third session we will be learning about Looking Forward – Considering Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety in a CAV Environment; Overview of STEP Spectacular 7 Countermeasures; and Data Analysis Support in Ped/Bike Safety.
- Coming soon!
- Looking Forward- Considering Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety in a CAV Environment
- Data Analysis Support in Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety
Part 4 of 4 – Combat Ped/Bike Crashes: Strategies and Countermeasures Part 2
In this third session we will be learning about Preventing Left-Turn Crashes Involving Pedestrians; Pedestrian and Bicycle Network Screening; and Lighting Strategies to Improve Pedestrian Safety and Walkability.
- Coming soon!
- Preventing Left-Turn Crashes Involving Pedestrians
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Network Screening
- Lighting Strategies to Improve Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety