- This event has passed.
Work Zone Safety and Traffic Control – Part 1 of 3
September 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This training aims to improve worker and motorist safety through learning the proper use of traffic control devices during road maintenance and construction operations, help participants find out how to use specific types of traffic control devices, and how to plan, set up, and maintain a work zone. The training brings to light the hazards that field workers face every day in construction zones. The training will cover general terms and procedures, traffic control devices, flagging, traffic control zones, set up of traffic control zones, how to read and interpret work zone plans, and liability issues.
In this first session, attendees will learn why they should use traffic control and will develop an understanding of general terms and procedures. Attendees will also learn about the requirements for traffic control devices (signs, cones, drums, etc.)
• Define why temporary traffic control should be used.
• Understand terms and procedures as they relate to traffic control.
• List the components of a work zone.
• Describe how to properly flag traffic.
• Identify how to set up work zones.
• Use and interpret temporary traffic control plans.
• Know how to protect yourself from liability.
INSTRUCTOR: Todd Morrison
🚩This course offers 2 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
🚩Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
🚩After the live webinar, the recorded session will only be available for a limited time.
For more information, click here.