- This event has passed.
Value Capture Strategies and Project Delivery: Public-Private Partnerships
June 9 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Value Capture strategies can leverage private investment without dependence on municipal financing including leverage contributions from private investors in economic development and redevelopment to achieve economic, social, environmental benefits, and meet the local objectives. Value Capture strategies used could be special assessments, tax increment financing, and development impact fees, as well as negotiated approaches such as developer contributions, air rights, and joint development agreements. Value Capture revenues can be used for capital and operating costs, or in support of innovative delivery methods, such as public-private partnership (PPP) structures where private investors will expect a return. A partnership is most successful when it creates value for all partners. Value Capture offers a way forward as a means to simultaneously grow the internal and external rates of returns of investments.
Public–private partnerships (P3s) are contractual agreements between a public agency and a private entity that allow for greater private participation in the delivery of transportation projects. Typically, this participation involves the private sector taking on additional project risks, such as design, finance, long-term operation, and traffic revenue. P3s are applicable across all sectors of municipal services such as transportations, economic developments, utilities, health care, educations, and municipal facilities.
The webinar features experts discussing their best practices and reviewing case studies of value capture (VC) and public-private partnerships (P3s) in transportation funding and project delivery.
For additional information, please contact:
- Thay Bishop, FHWA Center Innovative Finance Support, 404-562-3695, email@example.com
- Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development, 202-366-5010, Stefan.Natzke@dot.gov
Resources: Available Now:
- Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information applicable to all Value Capture strategies of roadway projects. See the FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
- Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
- Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!