- This event has passed.
Value Capture Strategies and Municipal Bonds and Debt
April 14 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Value capture strategies are revenue tools designed to share the value created by transportation investment from the beneficiaries. It can generate sustainable, long-term revenue streams that can help repay debt used to finance the upfront costs of transportation infrastructure, such as highway and highway related infrastructures, public transportation, parking garages, trails, etc. In this webinar, we discuss the connection of muni bonds and Value Capture strategies. Expert speakers will explore topics including the benefits of leveraging Value Capture Strategies with municipal bonds to finance infrastructure necessary to spur economic development/redevelopment. It will provide the basic requirements for issuing a bond, the rules and regulations that govern tax-exempt and taxable bonds, the major players involved in a bond transaction, and the roles and responsibilities of both public and private sector participants. The attendees will learn about the tax-exempt bond market and the ratings process.
For additional information, please contact:
- Thay Bishop, FHWA Center Innovative Finance Support, 404-562-3695, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development, 202-366-5010, Stefan.Natzke@dot.gov
Resources: Available Now:
- Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information applicable to all Value Capture strategies of roadway projects. See the FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
- Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
- Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!