- This event has passed.
Value Capture Strategies and Infrastructure Bank Programs
May 12 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Value Capture refers to a toolbox of strategies used by public agencies to share a portion of the economic activities value generated by public infrastructure investment. Value Capture revenues can leverage low interest rate loans from the infrastructure bank and can be used in a wide range of settings (e.g., urban, rural, and suburban) to help fund not only capital projects, but also public roads operations and maintenance.
Meeting the infrastructure funding challenge has emerged as one of the most urgent issues facing the nation. To bridge the financing gaps, local governments must turn to creative ways of pay for public infrastructure improvements including access to state and federal low interest rate loan programs.
For additional information, please contact:
- Thay Bishop, FHWA Center Innovative Finance Support, 404-562-3695, email@example.com
- Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development, 202-366-5010, Stefan.Natzke@dot.gov
Resources: Available Now:
- Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information applicable to all Value Capture strategies of roadway projects. See the FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
- Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
- Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!