Value Capture Strategies and Capital Improvement Plan – The Primer
May 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join FHWA for an upcoming webinar to officially roll out the Value Capture Strategies and Capital Improvement Plan -The Primer. The Capital Improvement Program or Plan (CIP) is the primary means available to local governments for communicating their vision and infrastructure investment strategy to private investors, taxpayers, and the community at large. It constitutes evidence that the local government is focusing investments where they will be most productive, and the critical explanation for how local governments expect to use public investments to influence private investment decisions. The CIP is the vital part of the local government’s comprehensive plan. It facilitates coordination within and between jurisdictions, which minimizes cascade failure risks and optimizes life cycle cost management. Most states mandate that a CIP, approved by the governing body, be in place before Value Capture impact fees, assessments, and tax incremental finance revenue techniques can be imposed.
The webinar features experts from states and counties who share their Federal and state infrastructure bank program as well as experts from IMG Rebel discuss Value Capture Strategies. Participants can engage and interact directly as well as freely exchange knowledge and know-how with the experts.
For additional information, please contact:
- Thay Bishop, FHWA Center Innovative Finance Support, 404-562-3695, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefan Natzke, FHWA National Systems and Economic Development, 202-366-5010, Stefan.Natzke@dot.gov
Resources: Available Now:
- Consult the Value Capture Implementation Manual for information applicable to all Value Capture strategies of roadway projects. See the FHWA’s Value Capture website for case studies, best practices, lessons learned, FAQs, and resources.
- Watch a short video on how Value Capture optimizes agency resources.
- Check back for much more, as new resources are under development!