- This event has passed.
Traffic Signal Timing 101, Part 2 of 3: Phasing Sequences and Signal Controllers
February 10 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Florida LTAP Center presents this webinar series on TTraffic Signal Timing 101 – The Basics of Local Intersection Control. This is part 2 of a 3 part series. This webinar series is divided into three two-hour webinars designed to provide participants with an understanding of the operation of local intersection signal controllers and the various timing parameters needed for the safe and efficient operation of the intersection. This series addresses local intersection control operations; a subsequent series will cover the basics of detection, preemption and priority, and signal coordination.
- Understand basic traffic flow characteristics and roadway capacities as they relate to signalized intersections.
- Understand intersection phasing needs and the timing interval components of each phase.
- Understand controller ring structure
- Recognize the different types of signal controllers and how they can be used for intersection operations.
- Understand the ring-based structure of controllers and how signal phase sequences can impact operations.
- Pete Yauch, P.E., PTOE, RSP2i, TSM&O Program Manager, Iteris, Inc.
- John Albeck, P.E., PTOE, Traffic Operations Program Manager, Iteris, Inc.
This course offers 2 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
Please note – space for this webinar is limited, and Florida local agencies are being given first priority!