Strategies to Alleviate Traffic Congestion Part 3 of 3 – Managing Demand
September 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This webinar series is designed to provide participants with tools to alleviate traffic congestion by either adding capacity or reducing demand.
In this third session attendees will learn about land use policies, demand management and transit services, including rail and bus systems, paratransit, and other tools. Attendees will learn about growth management, road pricing, ridesharing, trip reduction ordinances and their application. Fin Attendees will also learn about funding sources and institutional measures.
Upon completion of the webinar series, participants will be able to
• Understand the traffic congestion problem and its causes.
• Have the knowledge necessary to develop a coordinated program to manage traffic congestion (improve mobility & accessibility).
• Know tools available to manage congestion on existing rand new roadways, provide transit services, and manage transportation demand.
• Recognize funding & institutional measures.
INSTRUCTOR: Juan Morales, P.E.
- This course offers 2 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
- Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.