- This event has passed.
Strategies to Alleviate Traffic Congestion Part 2 of 3 – Adding Capacity
August 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This webinar series is designed to provide participants with tools to alleviate traffic congestion by either adding capacity or reducing demand.
In this second session attendees will learn to how add capacity to both existing highways and new highways, learning tool applicable to urban freeways and expressways, and signalized arterials and local streets. Attendees will also learn how to squeeze the maximum capacity of their existing systems, including incident management, surveillance, ramp metering, high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) facilities, moveable barriers, and others. For new facilities, attendees will learn about access management, roundabouts, and temporary traffic control.
Upon completion of the webinar series, participants will be able to
• Understand the traffic congestion problem and its causes.
• Have the knowledge necessary to develop a coordinated program to manage traffic congestion (improve mobility & accessibility).
• Know tools available to manage congestion on existing rand new roadways, provide transit services, and manage transportation demand.
• Recognize funding & institutional measures.
INSTRUCTOR: Juan Morales, P.E.
- This course offers 2 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
- Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.