STATEWIDE NON-MOTORIZED TRAFFIC MONITORING PROGRAM
January 23 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Florida Department of Transportation’s Transportation Data and Analytics Office (TDA)
began the development of a Statewide Non-Motorized Traffic Monitoring Program in May 2018 with the need to
provide bicycle and pedestrian (non-motorized) volumes and supporting statistics to new and existing data customers.
The intent of developing the non-motorized data program is similar to the motorized traffic volume data program in
that non-motorized data can be used for all the same types of analyses such as safety studies, public health studies,
planning and programming non-motorized facilities, pavement and trail maintenance, and more.
- Receive national updates regarding the 2020 Transportation Research Board (TRB) meeting
- Learn about the progress of the statewide program including continuous count site
installations, short-term count deployments, growth of our Statewide Data Repository, and
- FDOT will share lessons learned & best practices regarding short term count deployments
- FDOT is seeking recommendations on how to prepare for its next Statewide Meeting
- We want to hear about your local count efforts!
QUESTIONS: Please contact Eric Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org