- This event has passed.
Roadside Safety Part 1 of 2 – Roadside Design Strategy
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This webinar series is designed to transfer participants the necessary knowledge and skills needed to identify safety issues associated with roadside design, its impact on highway safety, and the selection of appropriate hardware.
In this first session, attendees will learn the role of the roadside as it relates to road safety. They will understand and apply the ‘forgiving design’ and clear zone concepts in order to assess which roadside design strategy is most appropriate for a given situation.
The webinar series discusses the ‘forgiving design’ concept, including clear zones and roadside barriers. Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Define the role of the roadside as it relates to the traffic safety.
- Understand and apply the clear zone concept.
- Decide which roadside design strategy is most appropriate for a given situation.
- Ensure proper placement of roadside hardware.
- Select and design roadside and median barriers.
- Choose the most appropriate barrier end treatment.
INSTRUCTOR: Juan Morales, P.E.
- This course offers 2 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
- Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.