- This event has passed.
Public Speaking Skills for Engineers 101
August 17 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Public speaking is one of the most effective and marketable skills any professional can have. Public speaking is also one of the most common fears of most people, especially engineers! So, can you learn to master the fear and speak in from of others? Yes!
Kevin Elliott is a veteran public speaker and public speaking instructor. He has taught public speaking at the college level and has spoken to groups large and small across the country. He also works with engineers every day helping them communicate in a variety of ways including public speaking. In this webinar, he will teach you several principles that, if applied, will improve your public speaking instantly.
• Teach participants why they are afraid to speak in public.
• Teach participants the physiology of public speaking fear.
• Provide techniques for controlling that fear.
• Provide practical techniques to improve public speaking skills instantly.
• Provide simple techniques for communicating technical engineering concepts to broad, non-technical audiences.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Explain what happens in their body when the fear of public speaking hits.
• Practice techniques to calm their body and speak in front of others.
• Demonstrate practical techniques to improve their public speaking.
• Demonstrate techniques for communicating complex engineering concepts for non-technical audiences.
• Fear of public speaking explained.
• How to control that fear.
• Practical techniques to improve your public speaking instantly.
• How to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
Kevin Elliott is a Senior Marketing Specialist at Applied Research Associates.
This course offers 1 PDH for fully viewing the webinar.
Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.