- This event has passed.
Polk County Pavement Preservation Case Study
May 25, 2022 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
The Florida LTAP Center in partnership with the Florida Pavement Preservation Council presents Local Agency Case Studies – Polk County Update. This course will cover the development and implementation of a comprehensive pavement management program using Polk County, Florida as an example case study. Topics will include: general approaches to pavement management; an introduction to Polk County; evolution of the Polk Pavement Management System; and, updated analysis results. An overview of the County’s pavement preservation contract and analysis of the effect of inflation on pricing over the years will also be discussed.
1) Become familiar with how Polk County is practicing Pavement Management. What has worked and what has not.
2) Learn the importance of pavement preservation including implementing cost-effective practices, extending pavement life, improved safety, and improving public tax dollar investments
3) Explore ways a pavement management can be used to select pavement preservation treatments.
4) Be able to identify metrics that can be used for gauging the effectiveness of pavement treatments.
5) Learn how the PMS has allowed the County to increase the number of lanes miles treated, track and project the Network PCI, Evaluate the value of the pavement network to justify increased budget requests.
- This course offers 1.5 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
- Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority.
For more information, click here.