- This event has passed.
Hands-on Signal Coordination Timing Training
January 18 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Florida LTAP Center is pleased to offer this hands-on, in-person training on signal timing. This one-day training will provide true hands-on experience for the participants on gaining sufficient knowledge and skills for developing signal coordination timing plans.
By participating in this training, attendees will be able to:
- Achieve a good understanding of signal timing and coordination principles
- Be able to develop optimal signal coordination timing plans
- Conduct field floating-car travel runs using synchronized GPS and time-space diagram of a coordination timing plan
- Gain insights of meaningful performance measures and reports
- Gain knowledge of emerging technology tools on improving signal timing practice
- 8:30 – 9:00am Course overview
- 9:00 – 9:30am Review of signal timing basics
- 9:30 – 10:00am Key elements and work flow of signal timing process
- 10:00 – 11:30am Correlation between signal timing sheets and time-space diagram
- 11:30 -12:30pm Site visit and observation of signal coordination
- 12:30 – 2:00pm Lunch Break
- 2:00 – 3:00pm Signal timing optimization
- 3:00 – 4:00pm Insights of signal timing performance evaluation (ATSPM)
- 4:00 – 5:00pm Q&A & Closing Remarks
This in-classroom training is provided at no cost and will award a certificate to those fully attend and complete the training. A total of 7.5 PDHs Professional Development Hours will be provided to those that request these during registration.
There will be a 1.5-hour lunch break, however meals are not provided.
For more information, click here.
Space for this training is limited, and local agencies are being given first priority.
FDOT District 7 Auditorium
11201 McKinley Drive
Tampa, FL 33612