- This event has passed.
Effective Communication with Elected Officials and Stakeholders – A Virtual Roundtable and Panel Discussion
May 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Florida LTAP Center is pleased to partner with the American Public Works Association (APWA) Florida Chapter to bring you this Virtual Roundtable and Panel Discussion on Effective Communication with Elected Officials and Stakeholders.
Effective communication is fundamental to any successful relationship. While trust is the most critical characteristic in a successful relationship, nonetheless effective communication is essential for trust. All of us have varying expectations regarding what effective communication “means for us.”
This session will offer effective communication strategies that can help you navigate through the political landscape in both ongoing and difficult situations. The ability to work with elected officials and stakeholders is one of the most important skills that government professionals at any level need. Join us to hear from our guests – Why it is equally important to understand different communication styles and treat your audience as humans. Otherwise, if the parties in any dialogue do not fully appreciate each other’s expectations for “effective communication”, it is easy for them to feel that communication has fallen short.
1. Commissioner Anne Huffman, City Commission of Haines City, FL
2. Matthew Campbell, Former Town Manager, Town of Kenneth City, FL
3. Ramon Gavarrete, PE, Public Works Director/County Engineer, Alachua County, FL
4. Josh Taylor, Communications Manager/PIO, City of North Port, FL and President, Florida Municipal Communicators Association
- This webinar is provided at no cost and will award a certificate to those fully attending and completing the webinar. Professional Development Hours (1.0 PDH) or APA Certification Maintenance Credits (1.0 CM) will be provided to those that request these during registration.
- Please note – space for this webinar is limited, and Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.