- This event has passed.
Crowdsourcing for Advancing Operations: Introduction and Application Highlights
May 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Is your local agency, region, or State interested in learning about the broad range of free or low-cost crowdsourced data to improve planning for operations or real-time operations?
Are you ready to bring together key stakeholders to discuss your region’s operational challenges and how crowdsourced data might offer a viable solution?
If your response is yes, attend or host the crowdsourcing course recently developed by the FHWA EDC-6 Crowdsourcing Innovation.
The Crowdsourcing Innovation Team in collaboration with the Intelligent Transportation Systems Joint Program Office (ITS JPO) Professional Capacity Building (PCB) Program is offering the crowdsourcing course through a series of five free webinars. Webinars feature State and local practitioner perspectives to complement course content. Webinars will take place the third Tuesday of each month at 1:00 p.m. EST. The following highlights webinar dates and topics:
- May 16: Introduction and Application Highlights
- June 20: Data Sources and Data Management
- July 18: Traveler Information and Traffic Incident Management
- August 15: Road Weather and Arterial Management
- September 19: Emergency and Work Zone Management, and Next Steps
The Crowdsourcing Course is intended for transportation operations managers, transportation analysts, consultants, and university students focusing on transportation. Because it is an introductory course, prior crowdsourcing experience is not required for participation. The course is intended to:
- Broaden participants’ understanding of how crowdsourced data from free navigation apps, vehicle probes, connected vehicles, social media, and other sources can improve transportation operations and safety.
- Help participants consider whether a specific application of crowdsourced data could meet their organization’s needs for improving transportation operations.
This training is not being hosted by the Florida LTAP Center. For details about this training, please contact the event organizer directly.