Conducting a School Walk Audit 3-Part Webinar Series
August 22 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
One event on August 22, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on August 29, 2022 at 2:00 pm
This webinar meets 3 times.
- Mon, Aug 15, 2022 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
- Mon, Aug 22, 2022 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM EDT
- Mon, Aug 29, 2022 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT
School walk audits are powerful tools used to assess the physical environment and identify assets and barriers to walking and bicycling to school. By assessing the environment and observing behaviors around a school for walking and bicycling patterns, a school walk audit can help identify areas where small changes could make a big difference in improving safety for students walking or biking to school. School walk audits can also assist in identifying areas in which education or encouragement programs can improve student or parent behaviors. This course walks participants through planning for and conducting a school walk audit.
✔ Part 1 Introduction to School Walk Audits (Monday, August 15th, 2pm – 4pm)
✔ Part 2 Case Studies and Best Practices Presentations and Roundtable (Monday, August 22nd, 9am – 11am)
✔ Part 3 Virtual School Walk Audit Experience (Monday, August 29th, 2pm – 4pm)
- Each webinar in this series offers 2 PDHs for fully viewing the webinar. In total, 6 PDHs can be earned for viewing.
- Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.