- This event has passed.
Combating Roadway Departures 2-Part Webinar Series
June 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
One event on June 9, 2022 at 10:00 am
Thirty people will die today as a result of a roadway departure on a rural road. This course provides participants with some tools for addressing roadway departure crashes. Topics covered in this course include a discussion of engineering countermeasures as well as implementation using the systemic approach. The Florida LTAP Center is pleased to partner with the Florida Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Resource Center to bring you this virtual workshop series on Combating Roadway Departures.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the rural roadway departure crash problem.
- Identify the three objectives used to combat the problem.
- Identify proven safety countermeasures to mitigate roadway departures.
- Recognize the crash reduction potential for the individual countermeasures.
- Understand why the systemic approach is critical to reduce roadway departures.
- Describe the 4-steps in the systemic safety planning process.
- Identify risk factors that are commonly used in the Systemic Approach to reduce rural roadway departures.
INSTRUCTORS: Richard (Dick) Albin, Senior Safety Engineer, FHWA | Paul LaFleur, Safety & Transportation Engineer, FHWA | Dave Kopacz, Senior Safety Engineer, FHWA
For more information, click here.