- This event has passed.
NCHRP Report 948: 20 Design Flags to Evaluate Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety at Alternative and Other Intersections
May 24 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
This webinar will provide an overview of NCHRP Report 948 and a methodology for evaluating and quantifying pedestrian and bicyclist safety at alternative intersections, as well as conventional intersections the new designs may be compared against. The “20 Design Flags” method provides a performance-based approach to evaluating design elements of existing or proposed intersection designs. The resulting assessment score then allows designers to make modifications to intersection form, intersection control, or specific design elements to enhance intersection safety in the project development process. The webinar will include an overview of the 20-Flag method, a discussion of how the method can be integrated into agency processes and intersection control evaluation (ICE), and tangible examples of applying the method to real-world intersection.
(1) Inform participants about the NCHRP Report 948 method.
(2) Describe how the method can be used throughout the project development process.
(3) Illustrate the method using real-world case studies.
o Introduction and Motivation for the Method
o Overview of Alternative Intersections and Pedestrian and Bicyclist Considerations
o Presentation of 20-Flag Methodology
o Case Study Examples for the Method
o Discussion of integration in project development and ICE process
• Bastian Schroeder, PhD, PE – Director of Research and Innovation – Kittelson and Associates
• Mike Alston, RSP – Senior Engineering Associate – Kittelson and Associates
This course offers 1.5 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
Please note – Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, click here.