- This event has passed.
APWA Florida Chapter Managing Infrastructure During Current Economic Times
April 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
APWA Florida presents an interactive learning session on influential leadership skills and empowering managerial principles. In current changing economic times, due to the impact of COVID-19, agencies responsible for managing critical infrastructure are facing a major dilemma when it comes to maintaining the expected level of service during potential budget cuts and dropping revenues. This session will share how different local agencies are managing their assets while evaluating budget options. The intent is to share leadership and management strategies that any agency can use to effectively navigate through the uncertain times while improving the deteriorating network condition of aging infrastructure.
By attending this session, participants will be better able to:
1. Identify best practices to manage infrastructure network proactively.
2. Evaluate existing asset and maintenance management systems and programs, and choose which options will work best for their operations.
3. Educate and promote the benefits of strategic infrastructure investment and budgeting.
This webinar is provided by the APWA Florida Chapter at no cost and will provide 1.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) for those individuals who fully attend and complete this webinar. Please note – space for this webinar is limited!
Panelists and Moderators:
- Katia Delgado, PE, Section Manager, Asset Management, Polk County, Florida
- Jason McHugh, AICP, CPM, City Manager, City of Wildwood, Florida
- David Gwynn, PE, District 7 Secretary, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida
- Jim Proce, ICMA-CM, City Manager, City of Anna, Texas
- Vice-Chair Charlie Justice, Board of County Commissioners, Pinellas County, Florida
- Addie Javed, APWA FL Leadership & Management Committee Chair and Managing Director, The Kercher Group