- This event has passed.
A Transportation Professional’s Guide to Utilizing Video Technology Part 2 of 2
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Using video in our work is no longer optional. If the pandemic taught us anything, it’s that there is a lot of badly done video out there. But you don’t have to make them!
In the transportation industry, videos can be an important part of a communication plan, informing the public, agency decision makers, and elected officials about things such as safety improvements, educational campaigns, and upcoming infrastructure improvements.
In this two-part webinar, communication specialist and video producer Kevin Elliott will give you the basics of video production that you can actually do yourself. He will give you an affordable shopping list of video gear, as well as principles of video composition and simple editing tips that don’t require a video production background.
This is Part 1 of a 2-Part Series and will focus on Gear and Composition. Topics covered will include web cams, video conference vs. shooting outside/interviews, using cell phones (and the proper settings), lighting, framing, headspace, and audio.
Want to look better in the virtual world? Join us!
Objectives of this 2-Part Series:
- Teach participants basic video production vocabulary and principles.
- Provide affordable video production gear for video laymen.
- Provide examples of good video composition.
- Provide pointers on filming outside, where many transportation-related videos are filmed.
- Teach principles of video framing, composition, interviewing, the rule of thirds, lighting, and audio.
- Provide accessible editing and publishing options.
Instructor – Kevin Elliott, Senior Marketing Specialist, Applied Research Associates.
- This course offers 1.5 PDH’s for fully viewing the webinar.
- Please note – space for this webinar is limited, and Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
For more information, please click here.