The LAP Professional Services Checklist (Form No. 525-010-49) identifies the federal requirements (23 CFR 172) associated with professional services procurement. The training was developed based on numerous questions regarding the federal and state requirements, how to review project documents and incorporate items correctly, and on audit findings which directly correspond to the Checklists. This course centers on review of sample RFP/RFQ and contract documents and identifying best practices and pitfalls associated with professional services procurement in the LAP program. You may find the course information on the LAP Website. Engineers will receive credit for 8 PDHs. The course is divided into two sessions. If you plan on attending both, you will need to register for each session separately.
Full time Local Agency staff, project managers, and procurement staff who develop RFPs, scopes, and negotiate contracts are required to take this training once every two years. This course is offered free of charge by the Florida Department of Transportation, Program Management Office.
Note: due to ongoing travel restrictions at the local level, this virtual training session replaces the traditional in person training provided by FDOT. The virtual training will be recorded and posted to the Florida LTAP Center website. Certificates are provided for attending either the live or recorded versions of this course.
🚩Please note – space for these webinars is limited, and Florida local agencies are being given first priority!
Day 1 - Advertisement and Request for Proposal Sections
October 20, 2021 | 9:00AM – 1:00AM (ET)
Description: Day 1 provides an overview of the federal and state procurement standards required for professional services contract solicitations, selections, negotiations, and awards. We will review advertisement and Request for Proposal (RFP) package requirements to ensure your agency’s compliance with the LAP Manual Chapter 18, 23 CFR 172 and Chapter 287 F.S.
INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
• Federal process- 23 CFR 172 & qualifications based selection procedures
• State process- “Consultant’s Competitive Negotiations Act” Chapter 287.055 F.S.
• LAP Professional Services Checklist Purpose and Use
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PROCESS- WHAT DOES MY DISTRICT REVIEW?
• Draft Advertisement, RFP & Contract package
• Qualifications requirements and when to use FDOT prequalification
• Scope, schedule, and procurement process transparency
• Developing qualifications based evaluation criteria
• RFP Forms, Forms, Forms!
• Bid Opportunity and Equal Opportunity Compliance (EOC) Reporting
• District Monitoring Requirements
Day 2 - Evaluation, Scoring, Negotiation, and Contract Execution Sections
October 21, 2021 | 9:00AM – 1:00PM (ET)
Description: Day 2 continues through the procurement process covering selection committee evaluation, steps to proceed with negotiations, and final contract execution. Instructor(s) will highlight resources available to our local partners to simplify the process as much as possible. The session will close with a final question and answer period.
• Evaluating qualified responses
• Shortlist, selection committee score sheets, recommendation to award
• LAP Professional Services resources- LAP Negotiations Quick Reference Guide, Calculating Fee Mock Up, LAP Negotiations Flowchart
• Independent Man-Hour Estimate
• Negotiations Process & Supporting Documentation- Consultant Audit Packages, confidential data, FDOT Prequalification Letters and indirect & direct cost rates, developing the multiplier, fixed fee
• Final contract execution and contract reporting in GAP and EOC.
• District Monitoring Requirements
LAP PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CHECKLIST TRAINING
DATES: October 20 & 21, 2021
TIME: 9:00AM – 1:00PM (ET)
Click below to register.
You will only need to register once and it will sign you up for both days.
ADDITIONAL COURSE RESOURCES
The LAP Professional Services Resources: https://www.fdot.gov/programmanagement/lap/professionalservices.shtm
LAP Professional Services Checklist (Form No. 525-010-49): https://pdl.fdot.gov/api/form/downloadAttachment/10980803